Obesity Causes Low Testosterone – Know Why and How to Boost Testosterone
Obesity has become an increasing health problem in the world that affects both men and women. Obesity leads to multiple health problems, reduces the quality of life, and shortens life expectancy.
In many studies conducted in the past few years, a steady decline in testosterone levels in men has been noticed. This statistic is definitely something to worry about and for us to address and take care of.
Obesity is a condition where excess fat is deposited in the body, and male obesity lowers testosterone (male sex hormone) levels. Low testosterone levels in obese men cause various metabolic changes in the body, hormonal imbalance, changes in mental health, sexual health, and prostate health.
What Is Testosterone?
- Testosterone is the major male sex hormone in the body of a male and is produced by testis and is responsible for the development of male characteristics, body habitus, and reproductive health.
- Testosterone level increases with puberty reach the peak in early adulthood and are maintained for some years after which it declines slowly from middle age.
- Testosterone is a vital hormone for many aspects of men’s overall health such as, for the development of male reproductive organs, for sperm production, for libido, hair growth on faces such as mustache and beard, prostate growth, muscle, and bone growth, and other anabolic functions.
Also, watch the following video by Dr Vikas Pandey about Testosterone:
Testoboost Capsules to Increase Testosterone Levels
Low Testosterone Causes Obesity
Let’s look what are the effects of low testosterone levels that are associated with obesity.
- The decrease in energy levels causes fatigue and general weakness.
- Increase in fat deposition with a decrease in muscle and bone mass.
- Mood changes, lack of sleep, and lack of motivation.
- Development of abdominal obesity, that is deposition of extra fat in the subcutaneous region of the abdomen, intra\abdominal region, and as visceral fat, which is responsible for many health issues.
- Metabolic disorders such as metabolic syndrome that comprises of energy imbalance, impaired glucose control, insulin resistance, increase in cholesterol & lipids, development of the pro-inflammatory and thrombogenic state, which can all increase the risk for Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, and Cardiovascular disease.
- Effects on sexuality – Low libido and decrease in erectile function which affects the sex life. The decrease in sperm count and sperm motility can cause fertility problems.
- Effects prostate enlargement and increase in PSA levels. Obesity alters the metabolism of sex hormones which alter the growth of prostate cancer.
How to Reduce Overweight in Men
Obesity-associated with low testosterone levels is a functional, non-permanent state which can be reversed with proper treatment modalities.
- Lifestyle modifications are highly recommended for boosting testosterone levels. Diet and exercise can cause weight loss and improve testosterone levels.
- Pharmacotherapy with medications can be used as an alternative.
- Bariatric surgery to help reduce large appetite and help in weight loss.
- Testosterone therapy is used in obese men with testosterone deficiency.
Lean Weight Loss Tablets for Men
How to Boost Testosterone Levels Naturally for Men?
- A nutrient-rich diet with a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats.
- Exercise and strength training (burn fats and develops muscle mass)
- Vitamins A, C, E, and D and minerals such as Zinc and Magnesium to be taken in foods or as supplements.
- Vitamin D can be made in the body by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D and zinc are potent testosterone boosters.
- The decrease in stress levels.
- Plenty of rest and good quality sleep.
- Maintain an ideal and healthy weight.
- Healthy active sex life improves sexual health.
- Restricting alcohol and smoking.
- Use of natural supplements from herbs and plants such as ashwagandha, Tribulus terrestrial, fenugreek, ginger, garlic, and onions.
Its high time that men are aware of the health problems due to Obesity and low testosterone levels. Make an effort to live healthy and happy. It is your life, in your hands. The choice is yours.
Leave a comment