Can We Use Tadalafil Tablets for Erectile Dysfunction?
Erection is achieved by increasing blood flow to the spongy penile tissues, temporarily when you are sexually aroused. The release of nitric oxide (NO) from nerve terminals and endothelial cells of the penis stimulates the synthesis of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (more commonly known as cGMP) in smooth muscle cells. cGMP relaxes smooth muscle and increases blood flow to the corpus cavernosum of the penis which in turn produces Penile erection during sexual stimulation.
Erectile problems are very commonly seen in men worldwide. It can occur due to multiple causes and reasons. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a range of factors, including underlying health conditions, stress, and anxiety.
The treatment for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) was revolutionized with the development of Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. Here, Tadalafil comes into play an important role.
Tadalafil is a type of medication known as a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It works by increasing blood flow to certain areas of the body, such as the penis, to help a man achieve and maintain an erection.
In addition to its use for erectile dysfunction, tadalafil can also be used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, such as difficulty urinating. It can also improve exercise capacity and delay clinical worsening in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Tadalafil tablets come in several doses, ranging from 2.5mg to 20mg. The recommended dose varies depending on the condition being treated and other factors such as age and overall health.
Uses of Tadalafil Tablets for Men
Tadalafil tablets are very useful for men in different ways.
- Tadalafil is primarily used to treat male sexual function problems such as Erectile Dysfunction. This condition is characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection that is firm enough for sexual activity. Tadalafil works by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis, allowing more blood to flow into the area and helping to produce and maintain an erection. It is important to note that tadalafil will not produce an erection without sexual stimulation.
- It can also treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is an enlarged prostate, by relaxing the muscles in the prostate and bladder to improve urinary flow.
- Tadalafil helps improve symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a type of high blood pressure that affects the lungs, by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs and improving blood flow.
- It can be effective and allows for greater spontaneity and flexibility in sexual activity compared to other ED medications.
- It can improve quality of life and overall sexual satisfaction for men with ED or BPH.
Tadalafil Tablets for Adequate Erections
Tadalafil is rapidly absorbed in blood after oral administration and attains a bioavailability of 61%. It is metabolized majorly by liver enzymes and excreted through both urine and fecal matter.
Dosage: How To Take Tadalafil Tablets?
Following are the dosage regimen for Tadalafil:
|Disease||Initial Dose||Maintenance Dose||Maximum Dose|
|Erectile Dysfunction [ED]||10 mg once a day.
1 hour prior to sexual contact.
|10 mg once a day 1 hour prior to sexual contact.||Tadalafil more than 10 mg per day will not show a greater effect in treating Erectile Dysfunction.|
|Benign Prostate Hyperplasia [BPH]||5 mg once a day.||2.5 mg once a day.||Tadalafil more than 5 mg per day has no effect on prostate enlargement.|
|Pulmonary Hypertension [PAH]||20-40 mg once daily.||20 mg once a day.||Tadalafil more than 40 mg per day for prolonged use may lead to side effects.|
Side Effects of Tadalafil Tablets
Following side effects may occur in some people, especially if you take higher doses.
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Muscle aches
These side effects are usually mild and go away on their own within a few hours or days. However, if you experience severe or persistent side effects, you should seek medical attention.
In rare cases, tadalafil can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Vision changes, such as sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ears
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Irregular heartbeat
- Seizures or convulsions
If you experience any of these side effects, you should seek medical attention right away.
Before taking tadalafil, you should inform your healthcare provider of all medications and supplements you are taking, as well as any medical conditions you have. You should also disclose any history of heart problems, low blood pressure, or liver or kidney disease.
Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the levels of tadalafil in your blood. This raises your risk of side effects.
Tadalafil is contraindicated in patients receiving Anti-anginal and Anti-viral medications. Always follow as per doctors’ advice.
Watch the following Video to know how India is becoming the impotence capital of the world:
Leave a comment