For centuries, neem oil has been utilized in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. It is derived from the seeds of the neem tree and is known for its exceptional benefits for hair health. In this article, we will explore the various advantages of neem oil for hair, effective usage methods, possible side effects, and even how to your own neem oil at home.
Benefits Of Neem Oil For Hair
According to a study, neem oil is obtained from the neem tree's seeds, fruits, and flowers. There are more than 300 phytochemicals present in neem oil. These phytochemicals are abundant nutrients that nourish your hair, strengthening and improving its health.
1. Nourish and Revitalize Dry Hair with Neem Oil:
Neem oil is rich in fatty acids. It nourishes the scalp and acts as a conditioner for the hair. As a result, neem oil is often used to treat dry hair. The combination of coconut oil or a few drops of mustard oil with neem oil revitalizes the hair follicles and keeps the hair from drying out.
2. Combatting Hair Thinning with Neem Oil:
Neem oil, enriched with antioxidants, stands as a powerful shield against hair thinning caused by environmental pollutants, excess heat, sweat, and stress. Its rejuvenating prowess actively regenerates hair follicles, promoting both hair growth and strength.
3. Frizz-Free Hair With Neem Oil:
When it comes to reducing frizzy hair, the combination of neem oil and coconut oil is a winner. Coconut oil's ability to reduce protein loss and protect hair from protein breakdown is essential for restoring damaged strands.
4. Fighting Hair Fall With Neem Oil:
Neem oil prevents hair fall by nourishing and strengthening the hair follicles with its rich ingredients like vitamin E. Calcium in the neem oil prevents the loss of hair proteins and thus benefits against hair loss.
5. Neem Oil For Dandruff Control:
A common problem that results in flaking scalp skin is dandruff. Inflammation of the scalp and a fungus infection are the usual causes of dandruff. Neem oil contains phytochemicals called limonoids and nimbidin, which have anti-inflammatory and antifungal effects, making neem oil effective against dandruff. Neem oil applied topically on a regular basis to the scalp soothes itching and irritation brought on by dandruff.
6. Treating Split Ends With Neem Oil:
When the ends of your hair become dry and brittle, split ends happen. Calcium, vitamin E, and fatty acids are all abundant in neem oil. These nutrients help in hair smoothing and prevent split ends.
7. Soothing Itchy Scalp With Neem Oil:
Pollution and exposure to the environment can irritate the scalp and become itchy. Neem oil contains antioxidants that help reduce scalp inflammation and cell damage.
8. Delaying Premature Greying With Neem Oil:
Premature greying of hair can result from various factors, including genetics, pollution, stress, smoking, hormonal imbalances, poor nutrition, and the use of chemical-based hair products. Neem oil offers an effective solution by supplying the scalp with essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. These antioxidants nourish the hair and combat free radicals, which contribute to aging and hair greying. Consistent use of neem oil helps maintain a healthy and youthful scalp, preventing premature hair greying.
How to Prepare Homemade Neem Oil?
To make your own neem oil for hair growth at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- Neem Leaves
- Coconut Oil
Steps to Make Neem Oil for Hair Growth:
- Take a handful of neem leaves, fresh or dried neem leaves crush them, and make it into a paste or powder.
- Heat around 200ml of coconut oil in a pan and add the fresh neem paste or dried leaf powder to it.
- Allow this mixture to simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- After simmering, strain the oil using a cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Finally, transfer the neem oil into a clean, airtight container for safe storage.
How To Use Neem Oil For Hair?
Neem oil for hair can be applied topically. The most effective method to encourage strong and lustrous hair development is through direct topical application of neem oil for hair.
If you are using neem oil for the first time, it is recommended that you perform a patch test (apply the oil to the skin of your palm before applying it to your hair and scalp) to avoid allergic reactions.
Neem Oil for hair can be used in many ways, Let’s see how to use it.
1. Neem Oil Hair Mask:
- 2 tablespoons of neem oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix the neem oil and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Warm the mixture slightly by placing the bowl in warm water.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair, massaging gently.
- Leave the oil on for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
2. Neem Oil and Shampoo
- Your regular shampoo
- A few drops of neem oil
- Take your desired amount of shampoo in your palm.
- Add a few drops of neem oil to the shampoo.
- Mix well and apply to wet hair.
- Massage gently into the scalp for a few minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. Neem Oil Hair Rinse:
- 2 tablespoons of neem oil.
- 4 cups of warm water.
- Mix the neem oil and warm water in a jug.
- After shampooing your hair, pour the mixture over your scalp and hair.
- Massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with plain water.
If you are looking for products containing Neem Oil for Hair growth, we recommend the Onion & Black Seed Neem Hair Oil from the brand ForMen. This oil has 22 hair growth herbs and vitamins. It Nourishes, strengthens, and adds shine to hair.
Neem oil is generally considered to be safe to use, but if you have sensitive skin, it's important to be aware of any possible adverse effects.
Some people might go through the following:
Allergic Reactions: Neem oil can trigger allergic reactions in some people, which can result in skin irritation, itching, or redness. Before using neem oil on your scalp or hair, perform a patch test.
Strong Aroma: Some people dislike the strong, pungent smell of neem oil. To cover up the smell, think about using essential oils like lavender or tea tree oil.
Dryness: Neem oil has a drying effect, so stay away from using it excessively or putting it directly on your hair. Dilution with carrier oils is recommended.
Neem oil is a versatile and natural remedy for promoting hair health. Its ability to stimulate hair growth, treat dandruff and scalp infections, condition and soften hair, and prevent hair loss makes it a valuable addition to any hair care routine.
Neem oil is a great choice for healthy, luscious hair. Use it daily or try neem oil-infused products like the ForMen Hair growth Oil for its natural benefits and rejuvenation. Remember to perform a patch test and dilute neem oil before use.
Also Read the Articles:
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please talk to a healthcare professional.