Are you suffering from premature grey hair on your beard? Do you feel frustrated about exploring Alternative Solutions for Reversing Grey Beards? don't worry! Here we have several natural and home remedies that can effectively slow down or even reverse the greying process. Instead of resorting to chemical-laden products, these remedies offer a healthier and more sustainable approach to restoring color to your beard. In this article, we will delve into the top natural remedies and home treatments that can help you regain your beard's original state.
Before we dive into the remedies, let's first understand the common causes of greying beards:
Common Causes of the Greying Beard:
While the primary cause of greying hair, including the beard is aging, other factors can contribute to premature greying.
Here are some common reasons:
- Nutritional Deficiencies
Now, let’s explore the natural and home remedies for reversing grey hair.
Natural Home Remedies for Reversing Grey Beard:
Several natural remedies can help reverse greying beards. Here are some of the most effective remedies:
Before using any natural ingredients in this article to treat grey hair on your beard, patch-test it to avoid any side effects!
1. Coconut Oil with Amla Juice:
Lauric acid, which is present in coconut oil, can restore the activity of the pigment melanin and therefore prevent greying hair. Amla contains vitamin C and antioxidants which strengthen hair follicles and prevent premature graying.(1)
- Mix one tablespoon of amla juice with a cup of coconut oil.
- Massage it to your beard.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours or overnight and rinse off in the morning.
- Do this once a week.
- Regular use may help restore natural hair color
- Drink amla juice regularly to avoid premature greying of hair.
[ Also Read: Top 10 Benefits of Camphor and Coconut Oil for Hair ]
2. Coconut Oil with Curry Leaves:
Curry leaves contain antioxidants, iron, and vitamins, which help to nourish hair follicles, stimulate hair growth, and delay graying. Coconut oil contains lauric acid that can restore the pigment Melanin's activity and therefore prevent greying of hair. (2)
- Combine 2 cups of coconut oil with 1 cup of curry leaves, heat the mixture until it turns black, and allow it to cool.
- Apply this infused oil to your beard regularly to provide essential nutrients that may help restore natural color to grey hairs.
- Take a few curry leaves and spread them out to dry in the sun.
- Once it turns crisp brown, grind it into a fine powder.
- Lightly season your food and beverage with it.
- In a few months, you start to see a difference
[ Also Read: Top 5 Amazing Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair ]
3. Black Sesame Seeds:
Research says that antioxidants present in black sesame seeds can counteract or neutralize the effects of free radicals that damage cells and cause aging (Grey hair, hair loss, and wrinkles). (3) Consuming at least twice a week reduces greying hair.
- Dry roast black sesame seeds for a few minutes over a low flame. Roasting brings out more of their flavour.
- Sprinkle over salads, sandwiches, and stir-fries, or consume a handful as a snack.
- Sesame seeds can also be soaked or sprouted. Soak overnight, then drain and eat.
- Til Ke Ladoo, also known as Sesame Candy, is a traditional Indian sweet dish. People of all ages enjoy ladoo, which is made with sesame and jaggery (unrefined sugar).
The recommended daily dose of black sesame seeds is 10-15 grams or one tablespoon.
Sesame can trigger allergic reactions in some people. If you have diarrhoea or fever, avoid eating black sesame seeds.
4. Black Tea Leaves:
- Black tea leaves are loaded with antioxidants that increase the formation of keratin and melanin.
- Boil 1 cup of water and a tablespoon of black tea leaves powder.
- Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat. Let the solution cool, then strain it and transfer it into a spray bottle.
- Apply it liberally to your beard and then comb it to spread evenly. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with plain water.
5. Cow Butter:
The protein included in cow butter can assist to soften your beard and darken your grey hair.
- Take a teaspoon of cow butter. Massage it to your beard.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse.
- For best results, use this herbal remedy for grey beard daily.
6. Onion Juice:
Onion juice contains a high sulfur content, which is believed to promote hair growth and potentially restore hair color. Extract onion juice, apply it to your hair, and leave it on for at least 15-20 minutes before rinsing. Regular use may help nourish the hair follicles and possibly slow down the greying process.
7. Bhringraj:It prevents and deals with premature hair greying. Leaves of Bhringraj may be soaked in any oil overnight, and this oil may be applied to beard.
- In a small pan over low heat, combine 1 teaspoon Bhringraj oil and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- When the mixture is heated, apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Repeat 1-2 times weekly and wash off after an hour.
8. Hair Rinses with Sage and Rosemary:Sage not only prevents hair loss but also rejuvenates and strengthens hair follicles. Sage can also increase blood circulation in the scalp, increasing the nutrients flow to the hair follicles. Sage and rosemary are herbs that can help thicken and darken hair.
- Some dried sage and rosemary are added to boiling water.
- After 30 minutes of steeping, strain the mixture. Use the herbal rinse as a final rinse after shampooing.
- To gradually darken grey hair, apply this treatment daily.
9. Castor Oil:Castor oil is rich in essential fatty acids that can help nourish the hair.
- Add two teaspoons of coconut oil and one teaspoon of castor oil, mix it well
- Apply it to your beard.
- Leave for at least 2-3 hours and wash out with normal plain water.
Fenugreek, also known as Methi, is a versatile herb that can be used in various remedies to help reverse the grey beard.
Here are a few fenugreek-based treatments that work:
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Grind the soaked seeds into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste directly to your beard and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week.
- Fenugreek and Coconut Oil massage
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix the fenugreek powder with 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your beard and gently massage it into the skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week.
[ Also Read: How Fenugreeks Helps Hair Growth? ]
Now, let’s see some essential oils and their benefits for reversing the grey beard.
Essential Oils for Reversing Grey Beard:
Essential oils have gained popularity for their potential benefits in promoting hair health and potentially aiding in the reversal of grey hair. While they may not completely reverse grey beards, certain essential oils are believed to have properties that can nourish the hair follicles, promote hair growth, and possibly slow down the greying process.
Here are some essential oils that are commonly recommended for reversing grey beards:
1. Rosemary Oil:
Rosemary oil is believed to improve circulation in the scalp and stimulate hair follicles. Dilute a few drops of rosemary oil in a carrier oil and massage it into your beard. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing. Regular use of Rosemary Oil promotes healthier hair growth and potentially slows down the greying process.
2. Lavender Essential Oil:
Lavender oil is well-known for its calming aroma, but it also has potential benefits for hair health. It may promote hair growth and help maintain the natural color of your beard.
3. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil can help to keep the skin underneath your beard clean and free from bacteria or fungal infections, which can promote a healthier environment for hair growth.
To use tea tree oil on your beard, dilute a few drops of tea tree oil in a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or coconut oil, and apply it to your beard. Gently massage the mixture into your beard and skin to ensure even distribution.
4. Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint oil is known for its cooling and refreshing properties. When applied to the beard, it may help improve blood flow to the hair follicles, promote hair growth, and potentially enhance the natural color of your beard.
5. Cedarwood Oil:
Cedarwood oil is believed to stimulate the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Mix a few drops with a carrier oil and massage it into your beard to potentially slow down greying.
How to Prevent Greying of the Beard?
Preventing or delaying the onset of greying beard can be challenging, as it is primarily determined by genetics and the natural aging process. However, there are some steps you can take to promote overall hair health and potentially slow down the greying process.
Here are some tips to help prevent greying beard:
1. Maintain a Healthy Diet:
A well-balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals can support hair health and potentially delay greying. Include foods that are high in antioxidants, such as fruits, vegetables, and nuts. These can help combat oxidative stress and protect the hair follicles from damage.
2. Add Vitamin B12-Rich Foods to Your Diet:
Ensure you consume enough Vitamin B12 for producing the melanin pigment that gives your hair its color. Getting adequate amounts of vitamin B12 can help prevent premature graying. You can get plenty of vitamin B12 through fish, dairy products, eggs, and other foods. If necessary, you can also take a supplement.
3. Quit Smoking:
Smoking has been linked to premature greying and accelerated hair loss. Quitting smoking not only has numerous health benefits but may also help slow down the greying process.
4. Control Stress Levels:
High-stress levels can contribute to premature greying. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as exercise, meditation, or engaging in hobbies. Prioritizing self-care and relaxation can help minimize the impact of stress on your beard's health.
5. Avoid Harsh Chemicals:
Repeatedly using harsh chemical products on your beard, such as dyes or aggressive styling products, can damage the hair and potentially contribute to greying. Opt for gentle, natural products that are specifically formulated for beard care.
6. UV Protection:
Excessive exposure to the sun's UV rays can damage the hair follicles and accelerate greying. When spending time outdoors, particularly in strong sunlight, consider wearing a hat or using beard oil or balm with SPF protection to shield your beard from harmful UV radiation.
7. Manage Underlying Health Conditions:
Certain medical conditions, such as thyroid disorders or vitamin deficiencies, can contribute to premature greying. It's important to address and manage any underlying health conditions through regular check-ups with your healthcare provider.
8. Practice Good Beard Care:
Maintaining a regular beard care routine can help keep your facial hair healthy. Keep your beard clean by washing it regularly with a gentle beard shampoo or cleanser. Apply beard oils, balms, or conditioners to keep the hair moisturized and nourished. Brush or comb your beard regularly to distribute natural oils and stimulate blood circulation to the hair follicles.
After exhausting all attempts with natural home remedies without witnessing any noticeable improvements, we present an alternative solution for the reversal of greying beards, an anti-greying product from ForMen named ForMen Darkenal Anti Greying Beard and Hair Formula, which is formulated with premium natural ingredients such as fenugreek extract, sage extract, curry leaf extract, gooseberry extract, rosemary oil, and a key ingredient is 2% greyverse.
How ForMen Darkenal Helps to Reverse Grey Beard?
Along with the natural ingredients it contains 2% Greyverse, which is a biomimetic peptide, also known as Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-20.
2% Greyverse is an MSH biomimetic peptide that promotes melanin synthesis by activating the MC1-R receptor and improves grey hair pigmentation. Greyverse is a professionally proven ingredient that helps men and women with greying hair look younger by reversing hair ageing and enhancing self-esteem.
ForMen Darkenal Benefits:
- Hair anti- ageing.
- Prevents the appearance of 1st grey hair.
- Helps to recover natural hair color.
How to Use ForMen Darkenal Anti-Greying Beard and Hair Formula?
Use this consistently for at least six months. The recommended dosage of DARKENAL is 1 ml every day.
- Spray 1 ml of the DARKENAL solution all over the beard area or hair area.
- Spread it evenly with your fingertips, and gently massage it for proper distribution, so that it reaches the skin.
- Leave it overnight and wash the beard as you do normally.
It may take 3 to 6 months to see results. The new hair that is growing out will be darker.
The Bottom Line:
It is important to note that an individual's results may vary, it is essential to be patient and consistent with the remedies you choose. Before using any natural ingredients in this article to treat grey hair on your beard, patch-test it to avoid any side effects. Additionally practising good beard care, maintaining a balanced diet, managing stress, and avoiding harmful habits like smoking helps to reverse a grey beard.
Remember to consult with a healthcare professional or dermatologist if you have any underlying medical conditions or concerns. They can provide personalized advice and recommended additional treatments if necessary.
Also Read the Articles:
- Top 15 Tips That You Could Try to Fix Patchy Beard!
- What is Minoxidil? How Does Minoxidil Work for Hair Growth?
- Top 8 Most Effective Ways to Get Thick Hair for Men
- How Shaving Impacts Beard Growth? Is It Good or Bad?
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please talk to a healthcare professional.