Premature ejaculation can occur at any age in men, though the probability keeps increasing with age. Ejaculation earlier than desired, is very common and at least 1 in every 3 men happen to experience premature ejaculation sometime in their life.
Table of Contents
What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is also known as early ejaculation, a sexual problem when men release semen/ejaculate, before the desired moment or the orgasm. This early ejaculation may happen during foreplay or just after penetration during sexual intercourse.
Signs & Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
- Inability to delay ejaculation for more than a minute after penetration during sexual intercourse.
- Lifelong (Primary) Premature Ejaculation – In this category, a man experiences premature ejaculation from his first sexual intercourse and which can persist throughout life whenever he has sex.
- Acquired (Secondary) – When a man develops early ejaculation after experiencing normal ejaculations during sexual intercourse for some time.
- Men can face the issue of infertility.
- Associated Psychological problems:
- Low sex drive
- Fear of sexual performance
- Low self-confidence
- Strained relationship with the partner due to dissatisfaction and infertility
What Are the Causes for Premature Ejaculation?
There are many causes for premature ejaculation such as sexual, medical, psychological, and other factors.
- Sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, congenital abnormalities of male sex organs can increase the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Medical Causes:
- Low sex hormone levels and hormonal imbalance.
- Abnormal neurotransmitters from the brain pass messages to the body.
- Inflammations of the male genital tract such as prostatitis, urethritis, etc.
- Genetic causes and congenital abnormalities.
- Psychological Causes – Psychiatric illness, fear of sexual performance, depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, subject to early sexual abuse, low self-esteem, etc, can all contribute to early ejaculation.
Is Premature Ejaculation Curable Permanently?
Many men shy away from sexual dysfunction problems including premature ejaculation and suffer from psychological symptoms that affect their sexual desire and activities leading to poor sexual health and wellbeing.
Hence proper evaluation and treatment are to be taken to improve sexual health and enjoy sex which keeps you healthy and happy.
Premature Ejaculation Treatment:
- Psychological and behavioral therapy – plays a significant role in premature ejaculation.
Both partners must seek sex education and attend counseling for their sexual problems as the co-operation of both partners essential in overcoming this problem. Proper counseling from medical professionals will boost both partners to enjoy more satisfying sex life.
- Medical treatment – Depending on the cause of the medical condition, usually used medications are PDE-5 inhibitors, anti-depressants, and SSRI’s or premature ejaculation tablets.
- Natural ways to cure premature ejaculation:
- Home remedies that include behavioral techniques help to overcome premature ejaculation. The common methods uses are – stop and start technique where both partners stimulate the penis on and off together until orgasm occurs. The squeeze method when the partners stimulate the penis and squeeze the head of the penis at the time of orgasm.
- A balanced diet with a good amount of nutrients can help in reducing premature ejaculation. Take foods that contain zinc, calcium, potassium, selenium, vitamins, and amino acids.
- Exercise regularly and do pelvic strengthening exercises which help during sexual activity.
- Use of herbs and plants which improve sexual functions such as Ashwagandha, ginger, onion, asparagus, etc.
- Reduce stress with yoga and meditation which helps to relax and strengthen the muscles.
Dear Men, be aware, talk, and discuss your problems with trusted friends and family, talk with qualified medical professionals and make small efforts towards a healthy lifestyle.
You need to take care of yourself in order to lead a healthy and happy life.